NSS Machinima Showcase and Award Ceremony

This was another exciting event that Pionia attended on Saturday, June 12, 2010. 2 pm SLT. At the University of Western Australia’s BOSL Amphitheater. http://slurl.com/secondlife/University%20of%20WA/72/72/1646. Where The National Space Society presented the first “NSS in SL” machinima contestant exhibition showing and award ceremony.

This event combined Second Life arts and sciences. Machinima, according to Wikipedia.. Machinima artists presented their work related to the space, science fiction, animated films, music in Second Life, or filmmaking in a virtual world.

Archivist Llewellyn
Here we have one video by CraigLyons Writer and his video Across the Universe where we can see his exploration into space and machinima. "Across the Universe" is a song by the English rock group The Beatles. It was written by John Lennon, and credited to Lennon/McCartney.

CraigLyons Writer and Archivist Llewellyn




Words are flying out like
endless rain into a paper cup
They slither while they pass
They slip away across the universe
Pools of sorrow waves of joy
are drifting thorough my open mind
Possessing and caressing me

Jai guru deva om
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world

Images of broken light which
dance before me like a million eyes
That call me on and on across the universe
Thoughts meander like a
restless wind inside a letter box
they tumble blindly as
they make their way across the universe

Jai guru deva om
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world

Sounds of laughter shades of life
are ringing through my open ears
exciting and inviting me
Limitless undying love which
shines around me like a million suns
It calls me on and on across the universe

Jai guru deva om
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Jai guru deva
Jai guru deva



This is another video I really liked. It's called a reflection by Ian Pahute. he said:

As an artist, I am fascinated by the notion, ‘What defines me?’ And virtual worlds–such as Second Life–present a really exciting medium for creative practice . . . I believe that as technology blurs the boundaries of our perceived reality, we have to make it part of ourselves. But as in the real world, we need balance. Technology can so easily become an onslaught of the novel and we need more than this. My aspiration as an artist is to create virtual spaces where—like in the ancient, sacred, hidden and secret places in the real world—we can stop and just be.



Archivist Llewellyn and Ian Pahute

To see all the 11 videos go to http://spacecolab.blogspot.com/2010/06/nss-machinima-showcase-and-award.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quests for Language Learning in the Metaverse: A New Frontier in Language Acquisition

Virtual Worlds: Second Life

9th Annual Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education March 9-12, 2016