Ooopss!!!! Internet service went down. couldn't be there.. but...smiles!

The conference took place last Friday and Saturday..I have planned to be there..I told my students on Friday morning.. I will be attending this wonderful conference and was really enthusiastic about it but when I got home that day... Surprise!!!!... My Internet service wasn't working.. Spent the rest of the day trying to fix it.. but...It was a terrible disappointment. I could fix it last Sunday afternoon... too late for the fun.. But..there's always a but... smiles.. Thanks to my friend Jokay Wollongong.. I found this great site Tree TV, where you can find some of the best presentations... http://business.treet.tv/shows/bpeducation/episodes.

Of course the first thing I did was to watch this one:



Presented By Lindy McKeown (Decka Mah in SL) who explains How Action Learning works for staff professional development across organizations, how it narrows the 'Knowing - Doing Gap', and how it relates to Heutagogy, the management of self-managed learners.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the vote of confidence!! It really shows that thinking and talking and trying to click a Speak Easy text presenter at the same time makes the speaking a little stilted. :) I need to work on that...note to self...pause to click then keep talking.

    See this blog post for Pedagogy, Andragogy and Heutagogy compared.


    and this one on the Roles for Virtual Worlds in Education

    I really enjoyed this conference and learnt so much.

    Let's keep learning together.
    Lindy McKeown aka Decka Mah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quests for Language Learning in the Metaverse: A New Frontier in Language Acquisition

Virtual Worlds: Second Life

9th Annual Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education March 9-12, 2016